Bull Series UTV: Final Gear Oil Change
About the Yanmar Bull UTV
No matter where you want to go, you can count on the Yanmar Bull UTV to get you there. This incredibly capable 4WD vehicle includes a hard-top roof to keep you protected from the elements, as well as spacious seating to accommodate three passengers. Even on the most rugged terrain you’ll have peace of mind thanks to the full-frame welded skid plate.
In addition to fueling your adventures, the Bull UTV is built for hard work. The 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke engine boasts up to 1,500 lbs of towing power, even when the bed is fully loaded up to 600 lbs. On top of that, the electronic power steering (EPS) will give you precision control in all conditions. If you’re looking for the ideal jobsite machine, you’ve found it in the Yanmar Bull UTV.
Changing the Final Gear Oil on Your Bull UTV
Regular oil changes on the final gear of your Bull UTV are critical to protecting the transmission and overall performance. Fortunately, this task can be accomplished relatively quickly with a few simple tools.
Tools Needed to Change Final Gear Oil
You can change the final gear oil on your Bull UTV with some common tools you probably already have around. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 14 mm socket and ratchet
- Torque wrench
- Oil drain pan
- Safety equipment including gloves, glasses, and wheel chocks
- New drain bolt gasket
For full details, always consult your UTV’s owner’s manual.
How Often Should I Change My Final Gear Oil?
Changing your final gear oil needs to be done regularly to maintain performance of your Bull UTV. It should be changed at the initial 20-hour maintenance check, as well as every 300 hours or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Steps to Change Your Final Gear Oil
If you’ve never changed your final gear oil, you might be surprised at just how easy it is. To complete this essential maintenance, follow these steps:
- Place your oil pan underneath the final gear case to collect the drained oil.
- Locate the final gear drain bolt on the side of the casing. It’s important to note this is not located underneath the final gear element.
- Before removing the drain bolt, loosen but do not remove the filler bolt. This will help you ensure there are no issues prior to draining.
- Remove the final gear drain bolt and gasket, allowing the oil to drain into your oil pan. You can also remove the filler bolt for faster draining.
- Once the final gear oil has completely drained, wipe any excess oil off the drain gear bolt hole. Then, reinstall the drain bolt with the new gasket and torque the bolt to 16 ft lbs.
- Now it’s time to add your fresh oil. It’s not possible to overfill, so add oil until it reaches the brim of the filler hole.
- Clean the area for any oil that might have spilled, then reattach the filler bolt and gasket, tightening to 17 ft lbs.
- Do one final inspection of the UTV to ensure there are no oil leaks. If everything looks clean, your final gear oil change is complete.
For a step-by-step walkthrough with our training manager, check out the video above. If you have any questions about maintenance, always consult your owner’s manual for the most in-depth information.
Connect With Yanmar
Our Customer Experience Team wants to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Yanmar UTV, tractor, and tractor attachments. Whether you have questions about maintenance or want to find our equipment at a dealer near you, we’re here to help. Please don’t hesitate to connect with us online or give us a call at 678-551-7369.