YT3 Series Tractor Orientation And Operations
Yanmar YT3 Series Tractors
If you need a tractor to help tackle your toughest jobs, look no further than the Yanmar YT3 Series. These machines are packed with up to 59 horsepower, and provide 2,500 lbs of lift capacity at the pivot pin. Available with an optional cab, you can work your land while staying comfortable in any season.
In addition to the YT3 Series’ powerful capabilities, these tractors also benefit from Yanmar’s most advanced technologies. The integrated hydraulic mechanical transmission (i-HMT) offers efficient, constant speed and flexible operation, while enhanced electronic controls allow for clutchless shifting, repeatable operating speeds, and high power-transfer ratio.
YT3 Series Safety Precautions
When it comes to safety, always consult your tractor’s operator’s manual or quick reference guide for full details. Here are some of the key things you should know about operating YT3 tractors safely:
- Lock ROPS into place. Your tractor’s rollover protection structure (ROPS) is one of the most important safety features. Make sure it’s securely locked into place before operating your tractor.
- Adjust your seat and steering wheel. Using the tractor’s various adjustment controls, set your seat and steering wheel in a position where you can easily see your surroundings and access the controls.
- Wear your seatbelt. Along with the ROPS, your seatbelt should always be used when the tractor is in motion.
- Check your surroundings. Before operating your tractor, make sure the area is clear of people and animals, and there are no overhead obstacles that could be hit by the ROPS.
Operating Your YT3 Series Tractor
In order to start your YT3 Series tractor, the following conditions must be met:
- The reverser lever is in neutral
- The parking brake lock is engaged with the brake pedals coupled
- The power take off switch (PTO) is in the off position
- The three-point hitch and loader implements are on the ground
- The accelerator pedal and throttle are in the idle position
If all of these conditions are accounted for, just turn the key to the start position to energize the starter and get your tractor running.
YT3 Series Tractor Features
The Yanmar YT3 Series is our most technologically advanced, offering numerous features that enhance your versatility and capabilities. These features include:
- Independently operating brakes
- A/B Mode to control maximum RPM and travel speed in two different modes
- Shift between 2WD and 4WD for all types of terrain
- Differential lock pedal for enhanced traction
- Anti-stall function that slows operating speed when an excessive load is encountered
- Hydraulic-electric PTO clutch for precise implement control
- Throttle boost to increase engine speed to the maximum setting
These are just a handful of the features and capabilities available with YT3 Series tractors. For more information and in-depth walkthroughs, check out the full video above.
YT3 Series Service and Maintenance
Keeping up with regular maintenance and service will ensure your tractor performs at maximum capacity and preserve the 10-year powertrain warranty. The 50-hour service interval is crucial for new tractors, as it covers many critical components such as the engine oil, oil filter, and fuel/water separator.
In addition to regular service appointments, things you can be doing daily to help keep your tractor in optimal shape include:
- Cleaning filters and intakes
- Checking fluid levels
- Checking belts and hoses
- Adjusting tire pressure
- Lubricating grease points
For more information on your tractor’s specific service needs, consult the operator’s manual, as well as our Tractor Service Roadmap.
Connect With Yanmar
The Yanmar Customer Experience Team has the knowledge and expertise to help you with everything from maintenance questions to finding a YT3 Series tractor at a dealer near you. Please don’t hesitate to connect with us online or give us a call at 678-551-7369.