YT3 Tractor Oil Change
Yanmar YT3 Series Tractors
If your property has a lot of land to cover, you can’t go wrong with the lineup of Yanmar YT3 Series tractors. These powerful machines start at 46 horsepower for the YT347 model and increase up to an impressive 59 horsepower on the YT359 model. Additionally, you can count on 2,500 pounds of front lift capacity at the pivot pin, no matter which model you choose.
Beyond those impressive measurables, YT3 Series tractors benefit from some of the most advanced technologies on the market. Our exclusive i-HMT transmission helps provide more versatile performance, while features like autothrottle and A/B mode make operation simple and flexible. YT3 Series tractors are even available with an optional cab to keep you comfortable no matter what the weather is like outside.
YT3 Series: How to Change the Engine Oil
Changing the engine oil on YT3 tractors is a fairly straightforward process. Here’s everything you need to know to get the job done right.
How Often Should I Change the Oil?
Staying on top of regular oil changes is essential to keeping your Yanmar tractor performing at its best. It’s recommended to perform an oil change after the first 50 hours, again at 200 hours, and every 200 hours afterward. To learn about other important maintenance milestones, review our tractor service roadmap or consult your operator’s manual.
Tools Needed to Change the Engine Oil
Help your oil change go smooth and ensure you’re equipped with the right tools before you get started. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yanmar Maintenance Kit (can be purchased from local dealer)
- Waste oil drain pan
- Filter wrench
- 10 mm socket
- 17 mm socket
- Wheel chocks
- Safety equipment including gloves and glasses
Preparing Your YT3 Series Tractor
There are a few steps you need to take to prepare your tractor and make the oil change as efficient and safe as possible.
- Park the tractor on a solid, level surface and run the engine to warm up the engine oil.
- Ensure the PTO switch is in the off position.
- Move all levers to the neutral position.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Lower any implements to the ground.
- Chock all tires.
- Turn off the engine and let it cool for several minutes.
Changing Your YT3 Series Engine Oil
With all of the necessary preparations complete, it’s time to change your engine oil. Here’s the process to follow.
- Start by raising the tractor hood and remove the engine’s side cover. The side cover can be removed using your 10 mm socket and ratchet.
- Remove the oil filler cap to allow the engine oil to drain more easily.
- Locate the engine oil drain plug under the tractor and place the waste oil drain pan underneath. Use caution as the oil may still be hot. Then, use your 17 mm socket and ratchet to remove the drain plug and drain the oil into the pan completely.
- While waiting for the oil to finish draining, locate the engine oil filter on the front-right side of the tractor. Use your filter wrench to remove the filter and replace with the new filter, applying a small amount of oil into the gasket of the new filter prior to installation. Then, hand tighten the new filter and give it one additional half-turn with the wrench.
- If the engine oil has finished draining, remove the drain pan and dispose of the oil properly. Reinstall the drain plugs underneath the tractor using the 17 mm socket, being careful not to overtighten.
- Using your funnel, pour eight quarts of engine oil for the YT359 or seven quarts for the YT347, into the oil filler and put the cap back on.
- Start and run the engine at idle to check for any leaks. Once everything looks good, turn the engine off again.
- Check the oil levels by removing the dipstick found at the left of the engine oil filter. Oil levels should be between the upper and lower markers on the dipstick. If necessary, add additional oil until you reach this level.
- Reinstall the engine side cover, close the hood, and reset the service interval on the tractor’s control panel. Your YT3 Series oil change is now complete.
Connect With Yanmar
At Yanmar, we’re dedicated to making sure you get the most out of your tractor and attachments. From in-depth online resources to our expert Customer Experience Team, we’re here to help you with every need. Please don’t hesitate to connect with us online or give us a call at 678-551-7369 to learn more about everything Yanmar can do for you.